The pencil drawing by salt works official Joseph Graf shows Max-Josefs-Platz as it was in 1850. The Münchener Tor gate forms the western end, and marks the entrance to the market between the two moats. Four years later it was removed as the first of the four great city gates to provide space for the railway tracks. Between 1880 and 1900 almost all town houses on the square were converted to commercial buildings, and often divided into several residential and commercial units. Many façades were remodelled here in the style of the promoterism period.
Address, location: Max-Josefs-Platz 14