This erstwhile law clerks’ office sits outside the city as it was at the time, when legal expert and draughtsman Friedrich Wilhelm Doppelmayr drew it circa 1810. The tranquil waters in the foreground were part of the double moat, which, in place of a wall, surrounded the market for centuries. The inner moat was filled in to build the railway. Both railway lines ran along here for nineteen years beginning in 1857.
The Schlössl was sold to Munich hotelier Thomas Gillitzer in 1893. He later realised his grand building project on the plot, his “Gillitzer-Block”, with representative residential and commercial buildings. The second moat also had to give way to accommodate the project.
Address, location: Max-Josefs-Platz 1