When Joseph Graf drew the “Bräu am Anger” in 1854 he showed a stately structure with numerous annexes and outbuildings. The big servant markets were held here. In the layout plan the premises are not oriented on Kufsteiner Straße, but rather on the canal, which flows by on the left. This branch of the Mühlbach supplied the market’s ring moat with water. The brewery and guesthouse were demolished circa 1865. The photo shows the new building with the tracks in the foreground. Across the line of today’s Brixstraße the salt works were connected here to Rosenheim’s first train station, today’s town hall. The new Sparkasse bank building appeared at the same point in 1968.
Address, location: Kufsteiner Straße 12