The train station was built on open fields before the city from 1856 to 1858. It was elaborately designed by architect Eduard Rüber with facing brick walls and natural stone structural bands. The symmetrical installation is amplified by the square in front of the station on today’s Königsstraße and the semi-circular engine sheds beyond the tracks. As with many other functional buildings of the nascent industrial age, the style of the representative ensemble resembles a castle complex. Little wonder then that Rosenheim acquired the main building as its town hall after the train station relocated in 1878. The engine sheds were used for many years as a municipal warehouse and converted in 1988 into an exhibition centre.
Address, location: Rathausstraße 22