As “Eisenbahnstraße”, today’s Königstraße was intended to connect the city with the first train station, today’s town hall. The southern edge of Ludwigsplatz was opened up at the end of the 1850s so it could be built. A boys’ school as planned by two Munich architects emerged in 1866/67 along the new course of the street. Ludwig Foltz designed the ground plan, while Rudolf Wilhelm Gottgetreu was responsible for the elaborate façade. The representative entrance hall is accentuated by four figures, symbolising trade, commerce, industry and religion. The decorative gable features a bust of Ludwig II, during whose reign city status was decreed and the school was built.
Address, location: Ludwigsplatz 4