In 1928 the Loretowiese was still a triangular meadow area, uniformly framed by three avenues. Two chapels had already been consecrated here by 1636: St. Loreto in the east and St. Sebastian in the west by the plague cemetery of the day. Rows of trees lined the connecting routes into the old town. The Loreto-Allee avenue was even extolled at the end of the 19th century as, “Germany’s most beautiful silver poplar avenue”. In 1937 the trees were replaced with lime trees, which remain to this day on the footpath along Kaiserstraße. The Loretowiese was already the setting for fairs in the Middle Ages, and the annual autumn festival has been held here since 1861.
Address, location: Kaiserstraße 23