The building with the holy figure on the façade still illustrates the typical features of the buildings of towns and cities on the banks of the river Inn, even though the upper floors have since been extended and the valley roofs have disappeared. The photo from 1907 even includes the remains of murals. Arcades were installed as early as the 14th and 15th century to make trade easier in bad weather conditions. Valley roofs with raised walls as fire protection on the other hand first prevailed in the 16th century after several fires had broken out. These aptly-named “advance walls” are first to be found in Innsbruck, affording the buildings a certain massiveness and characterise the squares of the towns of the Inn-Salzach region.
Address, location: Heilig-Geist-Straße 8